qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: SPARC emulation

From: Hetz Ben Hamo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: SPARC emulation
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 23:29:31 +0200

Hi,

The Google Groups idea was bad, because there's an NNTP gateway for the QEMU mailing list, and there's the mailing list itself, and you can browse it..

I'm CC'ing this mail to the development mailing list, where all the action happends ;)

Thanks,
Hetz

boekhold wrote:
Hi,

Hmm, not sure if anybody is going to read this, as there's only 3
members (including me) to this group :)

I came across QEMU because I was trying to find out if there is any
solution for running Solaris for SPARC inside an emulator on my laptop.
I'd like to use this to run one of my companies products, so I can work
with it from my hotel room (travel a lot).

SPARC is mentioned as a target CPU, but only as User emulation, and
then still in testing. I'm not sure if user emulation is sufficient for
this application.

Is anybody working on improving the SPARC emulation?

I'd like to offer to help out, but I'm afraid this help will have to be
in the form of testing only. Although I have a masters in computer
architecture, it's been a long time, haven't used it since getting the
masters, and have never worked on the SPARC ISA, not to mention CPU
emulation techniques. Time is another valuable commodity of course...
Kind regards,

Maarten