qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Status of user-mode networking for win32

From: Renzo Davoli
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Status of user-mode networking for win32
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:14:56 +0200

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 04:45:51PM +0200, Renzo Davoli wrote:
> I have tried the workaround here included as a patch and
> Win98+vdeqemu pci works.
I have tried the patch also with -user-net and it seems  to work.

Windows 98 has a strange behavior with DHCP.
If it remembers an old lease it tries twice to have the address renewed
and regardless of the NAK or new address from DHCP it sends a ping (ICMP
echo), if nobody answers it picks up the old address.
TO solve this problem from a MS-DOS console window type the following commands

ipconfig /release 1
ipconfig /renew 1

renzo