qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about WINE

From: Bartosz Fabianowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about WINE
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 22:51:46 +0200

Wine is a re-write of the windows APIs for Linux. It's not related to
Q-Emu at all.

The Wine project is not related to QEMU. But QEMU is related to Wine - in that using QEMU, it is possible to run Wine (and thus, many Windows applications) on non x86 architectures. This is also stated on QEMU's website:

"User mode emulation (Linux host only). In this mode, QEMU can launch Linux processes compiled for one CPU on another CPU. It can be used to launch the Wine Windows API emulator or to ease cross-compilation and cross-debugging."

Unfortunately, since I am not using Linux, I am unable to help the original poster with getting the user mode emulation to work on his Mac. Keep trying though, it should theoretically be possible to get this running.

- Bartosz