qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEmu 0.5.5 still freezes my Mandrake Linux

From: Jorge
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEmu 0.5.5 still freezes my Mandrake Linux
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:28:51 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2004 07.07 schrieben Sie:
> Jorge wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I posted some weeks ago that QEmu freezed my linux box (Mandrake) while
> > installing any windows version, that version was 0.5.4. I've tried 0.5.5
> > with the same results.
> >
> > I've changed the video drivers NVIDIA to NV
> > I've started QEmu from the console without starting X
> > I've tried different Kernels
> > I've even changed the BIOS to less "aggressive" settings
> >
> > But with no results, after some time QEmu freezes everything, keyboard
> > locked, mouse locked, everything locked. The processor fan goes wild, no
> > matter what I do.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> You start qemu as a user, not as root? Then it's a kernel or hardware
> bug, since the kernel should not allow user processes to do such
> aggressive things. Run memtest86 for at least 6 hours.

I can start QEmu as root without problems and I've run memtest86 for more than
6 hours without negative results. Could it be some kind of hardware
incompatibility? The crashes happen only while QEmu is in graphics mode. I
have a GForce 4 Video card with 128 MBytes, an Athlon and the rest is pretty
standard stuff.

--
eLogix
Lauigrund