qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PCI: Memory mapped / ROM resources

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PCI: Memory mapped / ROM resources
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 00:50:53 +0200

Gianni Tedesco wrote:

I'm adding a host PCI proxy layer that works under Linux, ie: make host
PCI devices appear within the emulator. Similar to 'pcidev' on bochs,
but without a custom kernel module, and some minor performance
enhancements. I ought to have a patch ready by tomorrow evening.

Interesting. How do you redirect irqs ?

PS. I am using mmap() on /proc/pci/bus/XX/YY.Z nodes to map PCI
registers, probably there is a nice way to allow the code generator to
generate accesses directly on to these vmas? It's probably not that much
of a win in any case, but interesting.

You'd better defines memory access callbacks. It could be possible to define RAM memory areas for which the access is optimised internally by the CPU core, but currently they must stay in the phys_ram_base array.

Fabrice.