qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Solaris 9 x86 installation?

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Solaris 9 x86 installation?
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 20:52:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

> Pavel Jan?k wrote:
> >    From: Fabrice Bellard <address@hidden>
> >    Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 18:03:12 +0200
> >
> >    > I just commited new fixes. Now the hardware scan does not hang and the
> >    > OS boot goes a few log lines further.
> >
> > Great - I can confirm that - both S9 and S10 continue through complete
> > hardware scan and also boot.
> >
> >    > The remaining problem may be PCI related (I am not sure whether
> >    > Solaris x86 can boot without PCI).
>
> In fact this is not a PCI problem, but a PIC one. With the current CVS
> you can now launch the Solaris x86 kernel :-) I did not try the whole
> install, but it should work much better now.

I have just tried it and it doesn't work for me. My command-line is:

thinkpad:/mnt/karel/solaris9$ /opt/qemu-x86/bin/qemu -pci -m 256 -boot d -cdrom
sol-9-u6-install-x86.iso

and I always end in Solaris' boot debugger:

SunOS Secondary Boot version 3.00

prom_panic: Could not mount filesystem.
Entering boot debugger:
[1363d9]: <cursor is here>