qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Win98 install issue

From: z3022016
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Win98 install issue
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:07:21 +1000

I'm trying to install Windows 98 SE from a bootable CD image. I'm invoking qemu
with "qemu -m 64 -hda c.img -cdrom win98se.cdr -boot d". I can boot from the CD,
and it gets into the Setup program, but as soon as I tell it to begin, it gives
me the following:

---
Setup is preparing to install Windows.

CDR101: Not ready reading drive D
Abort, Retry, Fail?_
---

Retrying does not succeed. I'm running on a PPC G4, current stable Gentoo, qemu
compiled from today's (2004-05-19) CVS. The only other possibly relevant info I
can think of is that when the CD-ROM drivers load, a message about a PCI read
configuration failure is displayed.

Any ideas?

- Josh