qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] win2k installation: times

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: [Qemu-devel] win2k installation: times
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 00:18:55 -0400

On a Pentium MMX 200mhz, its been 29 hours and its still installing.
(At the "Saves settings" part, after "Installs Start menu items" and
"Registers compontents".) How long does it take on average?

It runs Windows 98 at a fairly nice speed. Installation was only an hour
or so for that. Takes a few minutes to boot. Windows 2000 takes 6 hours to
boot, but this is for the install. Does it boot faster afterwards?

Also, when the install is interrupted, it starts all over again. Not sure
if this is typical of Win2000 or is qemu-specific.

P.S. I have the Synaptic specifications downloaded. I can start writing the
qemu support, once I figure out how the PS/2 mouse is emulated.

It would probably be easier to add a command to the emulated mouse to switch
from reporting relative position to absolute position. This would need a
custom guest driver to use absolute positioning though. :/