qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CDROM /Network with Win98

From: Hetz Ben Hamo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CDROM /Network with Win98
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 21:25:17 +0200

Hi,

> Setup : Debian unstable + QEMU 0.5.2-4 as packaged in Debian ...

At the moment I would recommend to use the CVS version. 0.5.2 is already
obsolete..

> I seem to be unable to install correctly Win98/Win98SE with cd
> access. I tried repeatedly to install either of them (from a CDROM,
>  of course ...) : the first pass is OK (and impressively fast, for
> an emulation ...). During the second phase, Windows complains of
> being unable to allocate itself enough memory for Plug'Play device
> detection. I have to restart this phase. Thie third and fourth phase
> seem okay, and I can boot Win98, but I have no network device and no
> hard disk.

> PS : Any idea on how to install Win2K ? I have a non-bootable CD,
>  which can be either used from Win98 or with 4 diskettes to boot.
> Both methods work on real hardware, but I can't use either of them
> with QEMU. Ideas ?

You can convert those 4 floppies to images, and then use the monitor prompt
to swtich between the floppy images I guess. Never tried it though...

> PPS : I'm not on the list, and I'm reading it throug the archives.
> Could you please Cc me ?

You're more then welcome to subscribe, it's fun place here ;)

Thanks,
Hetz