qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.5.3 release

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.5.3 release
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 19:58:03 +0200

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 18:00, Martin Garton wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
>
> >    - initial x86-64 host support (Gwenole Beauchesne)
>
> Does this mean it will soon be possible to compile and run qemu on amd64
> emulating x86?
>
> Or is there still a lot to do?

There are some assumptions in softmmu that addresses are 32 bits long. I
sent a patch to Fabrice to handle those problems:
I'm now able to launch PPC system emulation on an Athlon64.
I cannot test user emulation, for now, because it doesn't link. It seems
that the linker script assumes to be on an opteron, not an Athlon64 (the
Athlon64 MMU is only 48 bits...) but I didn't tried to fix it for now.

Regards.

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized