qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: SDL_GRAB problem

From: Sami Haahtinen
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: SDL_GRAB problem
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 07:23:15 +0200

Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 22:49, J. Mayer wrote:
On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 22:03, Sami Haahtinen wrote:
I agree with you, it would ease the situation if there was a tool to ungrab X, but i don't know of any...

From the XF86Config-4 manpage, about the ServerFlags section:

Option "AllowDeactivateGrabs" "boolean"
       This  option  enables  the use of the Ctrl+Alt+Keypad‐Divide key
       sequence to deactivate any active  keyboard  and  mouse  grabs.
       Default: off.

i must have missed that, that looks like a good solution. time to check whether my xscreensaver is new enough ;)

The solution I found is to relaunch qemu, grab then ungrab the
focus and I get my X usable. Qemu should do sthg to leave SDL in a
proper way when it crashes...

Strictly speaking, it may be an X server bug that the grab persists
when the client goes away.

When you think it through, it does appear so. Why would an application that doesn't exist need grab. Although i don't know the full mechanism behind grab, so it might be that there is some reason why this hasn't been fixed.

Oh well, i'm looking forward to xouvert, somehow i have lost my faith in XFree86.

Regards, Sami