qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Morphix booting in 1024x768 resolution and Win32 questions

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Morphix booting in 1024x768 resolution and Win32 questions
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:42:26 +0100

Dear all,

Fist of all, thanks for this great work on Qemu.

For years now, I have been hanging around the Bochs project trying to run
various OSes. On the long run, I hope that both projects can collaborate.

I made some screenshots of qemu CVS version booting Morphix with VBE drivers
in 1024x768 resolution. Installation to disc was not tested yet.

The screenshots can be found here:
http://developer.pgadmin.org/jean-michel/screenshots/qemu_morphix1.png
http://developer.pgadmin.org/jean-michel/screenshots/qemu_morphix2.png

Now, some questions:

1) Network
I could not find any information how to install a tun0 virtual interface. Any
link? Would it be possible to add a small Debian howto on the web page?

2) Win2K and WinXP pro
After booting images of the installation CDs:

qemu cvs version:
+ Win2K displays a blue screen
+ WinXP freezes with nearly 100% activity.

qemu from Debian SID:
+ both systems rash after disc formatting.

3) Bug report
Is there a way to send you a bug report using gdb? Can you add information on
the web page for other users?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel