qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Darwin?

From: Jamie Burns
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Darwin?
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 01:18:24 -0000

Hi guys,

I was just re reading the website and was looking at the phrase:

"User mode emulation. In this mode, QEMU can launch Linux processes compiled
for one CPU on another CPU. Linux system calls are converted because of
endianness and 32/64 bit mismatches."

So if we had a Darwin native version of Qemu, would it be a lot easier to
run the PPC version of OS X finder (Aqua etc.) on that as the base OS would
already be running, albeit on different CPU to the Finder?

Jamie.