qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.5.2 testing

From: Renzo Davoli
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.5.2 testing
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:48:48 +0100

I am testing 0.5.2 (or the latest cvs).

Win98:

- install quite okay: it complains about a shortage of memory when
testing plug&pray devices.
- after install CD-ROM, Network interface are not automatically recognized.
- with in CONFIG.SYS:
    device=c:\windows\oakcdrom.sys /d:mscd001
  and in AUTOEXEC.BAT
    mscdex /d:mscd001
  (standard msdos methods)
  the cdrom works (oakcdrom has been copied from the rescue disk).
- no way now to let the network interface work.
- I am going to reinstall it. Now at boot time ot complaints about the
  display adapter ("your  display adapter is not configured properly).
- floppy are okay at boot (I can boot from the rescue floopy) but
  when win98 has boot all the floppies appear as unformatted, and
  fails whem trying to format a new image.

Debian Linux:
- I have started a net installation and it worked quite well.
- I had to configure the ne.o (ne2000) module by hand (irq=9
  iobase=0x300) but then the installation continued okay.
- CDROM is recognized at boot.
- I have not finished the installation just because it was too late
  yesterday night.
- more info follows, I am planning to complete the installation
  as soon as possible.

In both tests I am using the vdeq tool that interfaces qemu with my
"virtual distributed ethernet" vde network (see vde.sf.net).

ciao
        renzo