qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] sparc32 compile on sparc64?

From: David S. Miller
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] sparc32 compile on sparc64?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:33:57 -0700

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:41:16 +0000 (UTC)
Jared P Bostic <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have been watching the development of QEMU and it looks wonderful.
> Currently, I'm trying out Debian on a sun4u box (4x400 E3500).  Just
> for kicks, I tried compiling the 0.4.3 code with no success - was
> expecting that per your web pages, but am curious about the following.

gcc should be generating 32-bit sparc applications by default unless
you are running the most recent unstable debian dist.

Regardless, even if you are, building from an environment
create by "sparc32 /bin/sh" will guarentee that you'll get
32-bit apps.

And no it won't be slower than the 64-bit sparc app,  it'll likely
be much faster.