qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu static elf boot

From: Nicolas Ollinger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu static elf boot
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:00:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Nicolas Ollinger wrote:

> I put a small disk image, kernels, and some files and instructions to use
> them under bochs (for comparison purpose) at the following URL:
>
> http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~nollinge/netbsd_bochs/

I just updated the content of the above webpage, it now contains a
bootable NetBSD/i386 filesystem which runs just (slowly) fine under bochs.

The kernel inside the filesystem is now relocated at 0x90000000 in order
to allow qemu boot. So with Fabrice's recent addition of real mode support
in qemu, vl is now able to charge the kernel into memory using the usual
bootloader. Unfortunately, for some reason, the kernel do not boot at all.
No abortion, no fatal error, just... void.

Regards,
Nicolas.