qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc port

From: David S. Miller
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc port
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 03:20:40 -0700 (PDT)

   From: Fabrice Bellard <address@hidden>
   Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 12:10:22 +0200

   I have two ideas :

   1) We use -mflat for exec-i386.c and helper-i386.c but not for op-i386.c
   to avoid gcc bugs. Now that op-i386.c only contains opcodes, the code
   inside should almost look like '-mflat' code.

-mflat doesn't work, gcc doesn't obey -fno-delayed-branch when
-mflat is specified and that basically makes it useless.

Also, this feature of GCC is scheduled for deprecation.

   2) We can patch cpu_exit_loop() by doing the right number of restores
   (maybe a single longjmp would suffice as l0...l7 are still saved.

This might work.

I think all things that generated code could call should marked as
ONLY being invoked from generated code, and furthermore have a very
fixed environment that we can rely upon.

It is the only clean way to deal with this sparc issue in the long
term.