Re: [PULL 0/2] Block patches for 6.1-rc3

From: Hanna Reitz
Subject: Re: [PULL 0/2] Block patches for 6.1-rc3
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 09:52:17 +0200

On 09.08.21 20:43, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 at 18:03, Hanna Reitz <hreitz@redhat.com> wrote:
Hi Peter,

Let me prefix this by saying that it's me, Max.  I've changed my name
and email address.  I understand freeze may not be the best of times for
this, but it looks like I can no longer send mails from the mreitz@
address for now (only receive them).

I've tried to create and sign the tag as Max, so I hope this pull
request won't run into any issues from that perspective.

(For the future, I'll create a new key and hope signing it with my old
key will make it sufficiently trustworthy...)
Yep, that's fine. This pullreq is going through OK (will send the
usual applied/errors email once the builds have completed). I'm happy
to treat signed-by-old-key as trusted enough. (In fact we already
are working basically on trust-on-first-use for new keys, but if
you're OK with signing your new key with the old one that does
simplify things a bit.)

Great!

Do you plan to send a patch to MAINTAINERS ? It has some
mreitz@redhat lines in it currently.

Yes, I do.

Hanna