Re: [PULL 00/44] Python patches

From: John Snow
Subject: Re: [PULL 00/44] Python patches
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 19:48:55 -0400

On 6/1/21 6:36 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Sun, 30 May 2021 at 20:22, John Snow <jsnow@redhat.com> wrote:

On 5/30/21 3:09 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
Fails to build on my machine that runs the BSD VMs, apparently
before it gets to the point of launching the VM:

When I have seen this error message in the past, it has been because of
using a new Python version and it gets confused reading stale cached
information generated from an older interpreter.

This seems like a bug in Python...

Yes. I don't know why it's like that either...

Can you do me a favor and delete any __pycache__ folders and/or any
*.pyc files that might be hiding in your tree and/or build folders and
try running it again?

I tried that, and it does seem to make more progress. It now
fails with:

One of the acceptance test patches causes this, I've squashed in a fixup and have re-sent the PR.

Thanks,
--js