Re: Qemu first time contribution

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: Qemu first time contribution
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 10:06:04 +0000

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 10:07:44AM +0000, Harshavardhan Unnibhavi wrote:
> This looks interesting, let me take a look at it. Thank you!

Okay, great. Feel free to email qemu-devel and CC me if you have
questions. We can also chat on #qemu irc.oftc.net (my nick is
"stefanha").

You can configure QEMU to use Linux AIO (block/linux-aio.c) like this:

  $ qemu-system-x86_64 -M accel=kvm -m 1G -cpu host \
        -drive if=virtio,file=test.img,format=raw,aio=native,cache=none

This will boot from the test.img image file using an emulated virtio-blk
device.

Stefan