Choice of BDRV_REQUEST_MAX_SECTORS

From: Peter Lieven
Subject: Choice of BDRV_REQUEST_MAX_SECTORS
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 14:32:22 +0200

Hi,

I am currently debugging a performance issue in qemu-img convert. I think I
have found the cause and will send a patch later.

But is there any reason why BDRV_REQUEST_MAX_SECTORS is not at least aligned
down to 8 (4k sectors)?

Any operation that is not able to determinate an optimal or maximum request
size from a driver will likely use this value and

might generate unaligned requests (as qemu-img convert does) as soon as the
first iteration of an operation is done.

Peter