dirty bitmap migration refactor

From: John Snow
Subject: dirty bitmap migration refactor
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 09:29:55 -0400

Hi all,

as you are probably aware I haven't been paying attention to dirty
bitmap work very much for the past month.

Around KVM Forum, we had a giant thread dedicated to discussing the
problems with dirty bitmap migration, which in a nutshell, are that it
migrates using the node name with no option for re-routing or re-naming
nodes.

IIRC, there was a patchset to fix this quickly sent by Virtuozzo, but
the series stalled because it was quite close to a release and was
deemed too risky.

What is the status of those patches, if any? Do we need to start from
scratch to implement the functionality that libvirt wants here?

--js