Re: virtiofsd: Where should it live?

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: virtiofsd: Where should it live?
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 08:36:12 -0600

On 12/4/19 7:28 AM, Kevin Wolf wrote:
Am 04.12.2019 um 09:17 hat Gerd Hoffmann geschrieben:
   Hi,

     +- qemu-edid

Has its own MAINTAINERS section, together with hw/display/edit* and
include/hw/display/edid.h.  I'm not sure moving it hw/display/ is a good
idea.  Gerd?

Sort-of makes sense.  My personal preference would be a tools/ directory
for all those small utilities though.

I think I would like that better than throwing tools into block/ where
currently mostly just block drivers live.

Ooh, I should have read this sub-thread before writing my reply at the top level. Yes, I like the idea of tools/ for qemu-img, qemu-io, and qemu-nbd better than block/.

Or, if we want to move the tools there, we'd need another directory
level inside block/ to keep things reasonably organised.

Separating drivers from executables sounds worthwhile either way, whether that division is by a new tools/ or by a subdirectory in block/.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3226