[Qemu-block] job_pause_point

From: Vladimir Sementsov-Ogievskiy
Subject: [Qemu-block] job_pause_point
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 13:58:01 +0000

Hi!

I have a question about job_pause_point. Now a good job of moving generic
things about
block-jobs to job.c is done..

job_pause_point do visible job-state change, as changing job->status and
job->paused.

Is it assumed, that job don't do anything after that state change? Iotests are
written
exactly with this assumption. On the other hand, code don't guarantee, that all
in-flight
requests are finished to this point.

Moreover, only the job itself knows about it's in-flight requests, therefore we
can't
handle it in generic job_pause_point(). So, should not job do something like

if (job_should_pause()) {
    don't create more requests
    wait all in-flight requests to complete
}
job_pause_point()

Or didn't I miss these things already discussed?

--
Best regards,
Vladimir