[Qemu-block] nbd oldstyle negotiation

From: Vladimir Sementsov-Ogievskiy
Subject: [Qemu-block] nbd oldstyle negotiation
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 22:02:16 +0300

Hi Eric!

There is a small problem with our qemu-nbd cmdline interface: people forget to use option -x or don't know about it and face into problems with old protocol version. One of may colleagues after such situation (because of this option, he could not use utility nbd-client, which doesn't support old version) asked me to add comments about version selection by -x option into --help of qemu-nbd. And really, it's not an obvious interface solution...

Now I think, should not we use new version by default? Or, even drop old version support at all? Anybody uses it?

from nbd spec:
 ... the old style negotiation is now no longer developed; starting with version 3.10 of the reference implementation, it is also no longer supported.

it's unsupported, I think it's ok to drop it. I can create patches, if you agree.

--
Best regards,
Vladimir