Re: [Qemu-block] [ovirt-users] Libvirt ERROR cannot access backing file

From: Richard W.M. Jones
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] [ovirt-users] Libvirt ERROR cannot access backing file after importing VM from OpenStack
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 14:27:27 +0100

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 03:35:11PM +0300, Nir Soffer wrote:
> This is not the flow we are looking for. We need a way to read qcow2 data
> from a pipe.

The flow you asked for:

> > > image in any format -> qemu-img -> [qcow2 byte stream] -> imageio http
> > > server -> http client

is exactly what rhv-upload-plugin.py does, except for "-> http client"
at the end which I don't understand.

Can you describe exactly what you're trying to do again?

[...]
> > But in any case you can just use the nbdkit tar plugin which already
> > does all of this.
> >

> Can it work with a tar stream read from stdin, or it requires a tar file?

As above it may help to describe from the start exactly what you're
trying to do.  This email thread has gone on for days and it's hard to
keep track of everything.

Rich.