Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] Why is there no qom_get in hmp.c?

From: QingFeng Hao
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] Why is there no qom_get in hmp.c?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 11:27:18 +0800

在 2018/4/18 22:04, Dr. David Alan Gilbert 写道:
> * QingFeng Hao (address@hidden) wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I did some investigation and found that "virsh qemu-monitor-command"
>> supports qom-get,
>> but qemu hmp doesn't. However, in hmp.c there are qom_list and qom_set. It
>> confused me
>> and my question is: why is this? And how can I get a property's value in
>> hmp? e.g.
>> qemu-system-* -nodefaults -machine accel=qtest -no-shutdown -nographic
>> -monitor stdio -serial none -hda /root/t.qcow2
>> "info qtree" can only get a few properties.
>
> I did try that in 2016 (see my series from about September); but it got
> bogged down in trying to fix output visitors; it's possible the visitor
> code has been fixed since then though.

Thanks! I used your patch with a bit fix of compilation to test, which can work
and
print the json format string for structure property. The prior discussions seem
no any eventual conclusion with some tricks.

> The 'Show values and description when using "qom-list"' patch
> that Ricardo Perez Blanco posted would do something similar.
Yes, I saw the patch. thanks

--
Regards
QingFeng Hao