Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] fix incorrect identify implementation in n

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] fix incorrect identify implementation in nvme
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 10:54:21 +0200

Am 05.08.2016 um 08:48 hat Markus Armbruster geschrieben:
> Keith Busch <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 09:42:13PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> >> Third resent of this series after this didn't get picked up the
> >> previous times.  The Qemu NVMe implementation mistakes the cns
> >> field in the Identify command as a boolean.  This was never
> >> true, and is actively harmful since NVMe1.1 (which the Qemu
> >> device claims to support) supports more than two Identify variants.
> >>
> >> We had to add a quirk in Linux to work around this behavior.
> >
> > Yes, these are great. Do we need to ping a maintainer to go through
> > their tree, or can this be applied immediately? If need be, I can apply
> > and send a pull request.
>
> $ scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f hw/block/nvme.c
> Keith Busch <address@hidden> (supporter:nvme)
> Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> (supporter:Block layer core)
> Max Reitz <address@hidden> (supporter:Block layer core)
> address@hidden (open list:nvme)
> address@hidden (open list:All patches CC here)
>
> Send a pull request (assuming you have a properly signed PGP key).

Keith, I'll take the patches through my tree with your Acked-by,
assuming that this makes the process easier for you.

Sorry for forgetting about the previous version, I had intended to give
others a chance to comment before I apply them, but then it fell through
the cracks. Next time someone just send a quick "ping" reply after a week
or so, please.

Kevin