Re: [Qemu-block] block: Dirty bitmaps and COR in bdrv_move_feature_field

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] block: Dirty bitmaps and COR in bdrv_move_feature_fields()
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 10:39:22 +0100

Am 04.03.2016 um 08:49 hat Markus Armbruster geschrieben:
> We need to make up our minds: do we want to continue conflating BB and
> BDS in the external interface, or do we want to separate them?  This
> goes beyond just bitmaps.

I would still love to make the BB creation automatic eventually when you
plug in a new device. Because honestly, expecting QMP users to
understand what a BlockBackend is, when we don't even really know
ourselves, makes for a bad interface.

And when we do this, things may start looking different again.

Kevin