Re: [Qemu-block] I/O accounting overhaul

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] I/O accounting overhaul
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 14:21:19 +0100

On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 03:40:42PM +0200, Alberto Garcia wrote:

Please structure the patches so that each statistic or group of
statistics has its own patch.  That will make it easy to review and
possibly merge a subset if some of the statistics prove to be
controversial.

> uint64_t queue_depth[BLOCK_MAX_IOTYPE];
>
>    Average number of requests. Similar to the previous one. It would
>    require us to keep a count of ongoing requests as well.

How is this calculated?

You can keep track of the maximum queue depth easily (I think that's
what fio does, for example).  For anything else you need a concept of
time like a load average calculation.

Stefan