Re: arm_cpu_post_init (Was: Re: arm: "max" CPU class hierarchy changes p

From: Andrew Jones
Subject: Re: arm_cpu_post_init (Was: Re: arm: "max" CPU class hierarchy changes possible?)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 13:08:37 +0100

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 12:32:30PM +0100, Claudio Fontana wrote:
> And why do we have a separate arm_cpu_finalize_features()?

Separate, because it's not just called from arm_cpu_realizefn().

> Nothing in the ARM cpu classes initializations ever seems to be "final" to me.

Some CPU features cannot be simply switched on/off at the property
parse time. For example, there could be dependencies on multiple
properties, the mutual exclusion of properties, or other aspects
that can only be known later than property parse time. That stuff
goes in arm_cpu_finalize_features().

Thanks,
drew