Re: [RFC 0/5] NVMe passthrough: Support 64kB page host

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: [RFC 0/5] NVMe passthrough: Support 64kB page host
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 20:01:56 +0200

On 10/15/20 6:15 PM, Auger Eric wrote:
Hi Philippe,

On 10/15/20 3:49 PM, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
On 10/15/20 1:52 PM, Eric Auger wrote:
This series allows NVMe passthrough on aarch64 with 64kB page host.
Addresses and sizes of buffers which are VFIO DMA mapped are
aligned with the host page size.

nvme_register_buf() path is taken care of in this series
but it does not seem to prevent the use case from working.

Best Regards

Eric

This series can be found at:
https://github.com/eauger/qemu/tree/nvme_64k_rfc

This was tested on ARM only.

Eric Auger (5):
    block/nvme: use some NVME_CAP_* macros
    block/nvme: Change size and alignment of IDENTIFY response buffer
    block/nvme: Change size and alignment of queue
    block/nvme: Change size and alignment of prp_list_pages
    block/nvme: Align iov's va and size on host page size

Since it is easier for me to rebase on top of your series,
I'm including it in my work (fixing the checkpatch errors)
and will repost block/nvme/ patches altogether.

There should be one warning (line exceeding 80 chars) but no error. I
can easily rebase/respin if you prefer.

Yes, warnings, no error. No need to respin.

Thanks

Eric

Regards,

Phil.