Re: extend machine memory

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: extend machine memory
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 13:45:18 +0100

On Mon, 7 Sep 2020 at 13:16, Mircea Cociuba <cociuba_mircea@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Currently emulating a cortex m4f on a LM3s6965 device.
> The problem, the device only has 256k flash and 64k sram.
> Can I extend it somehow?

No (well, in theory you could edit the QEMU sources and rebuild).
QEMU models what the real hardware provides, which in the case
of these dev boards is a very small amount of RAM.

> Is that Reserved stuff actualy used?

It's empty space, effectively; there's no device and no RAM there.

> From a periferal point of view, all I want to use if the Core(m4f)
> and the Uart.

The netduinoplus2 probably has more RAM and a Cortex-M4. QEMU
5.2 will also have an mps2-an386 model which will have 16MB
of RAM and a Cortex-M4.

thanks
- PMM