[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [PATCH v3 11/11] hw/arm/smmuv3: Advertise SMMUv3.2 range invalidatio
Re: [PATCH v3 11/11] hw/arm/smmuv3: Advertise SMMUv3.2 range invalidation
Fri, 10 Jul 2020 12:05:04 +0200
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/68.5.0
On 7/10/20 11:47 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 at 15:20, Eric Auger <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Expose the RIL bit so that the guest driver uses range
>> invalidation. Range invalidation being an SMMU3.2 feature,
>> let AIDR advertise SMMUv3.2 support.
>> Signed-off-by: Eric Auger <email@example.com>
> I think that to advertise SMMUv3.2 we would also need to
> set the IDR3.BBML field to something non-zero. That means
> we need to analyze our implementation of the caching of page
> table structures to see if we need to do anything different
> (per the behaviours and guarantees described in section 3.21.1
> of the spec).
you're right. I need to further study this feature.
I felt difficult to find out which features are mandatory for a given
> Alternatively, we could take advantage of the language
> in section 2.5 that says that a v3.x implementation is
> allowed to implement features from v3.(x+1), and just
> set the RIL bit while leaving AIDR advertising us as v3.1.
Thank you for the review!
> -- PMM
- Re: [PATCH v3 07/11] hw/arm/smmuv3: Get prepared for range invalidation, (continued)
- [PATCH v3 10/11] hw/arm/smmuv3: Support HAD and advertise SMMUv3.1 support, Eric Auger, 2020/07/08
- [PATCH v3 04/11] hw/arm/smmu: Introduce SMMUTLBEntry for PTW and IOTLB value, Eric Auger, 2020/07/08
- [PATCH v3 09/11] hw/arm/smmuv3: Let AIDR advertise SMMUv3.0 support, Eric Auger, 2020/07/08
- [PATCH v3 08/11] hw/arm/smmuv3: Fix IIDR offset, Eric Auger, 2020/07/08
- [PATCH v3 11/11] hw/arm/smmuv3: Advertise SMMUv3.2 range invalidation, Eric Auger, 2020/07/08
- [PATCH v3 06/11] hw/arm/smmuv3: Introduce smmuv3_s1_range_inval() helper, Eric Auger, 2020/07/08