Re: [RFC] virt/acpi: set PSCI flag even when psci_conduit is disabled

From: Heyi Guo
Subject: Re: [RFC] virt/acpi: set PSCI flag even when psci_conduit is disabled
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 22:36:02 +0800

在 2020/7/3 下午6:37, Peter Maydell 写道:
On Fri, 3 Jul 2020 at 10:44, Heyi Guo <guoheyi@linux.alibaba.com> wrote:
vms->psci_conduit being disabled only means PSCI is not implemented by
qemu; it doesn't mean PSCI is not supported on this virtual machine.
Actually vms->psci_conduit is set to disabled when vms->secure and
firmware_loaded are both set, which means we will run ARM trusted
firmware, which will definitely provide PSCI.

The issue can be reproduced when running qemu in TCG mode with secure
enabled, while using ARM trusted firmware + qemu virt UEFI as firmware
binaries, and we can see secondary cores will not be waken up.
If you're using a real EL3 guest firmware then it's the job of
the guest firmware to provide a DTB to the guest EL2/EL1 that says
"and I support PSCI" if it supports PSCI, surely? QEMU can't tell
whether the EL3 code does or doesn't do that...

Thanks, Peter. Does that mean the ACPI tables generated in qemu are only templates and firmware should update them if necessary?

Heyi

thanks
-- PMM