Re: Semihosting, arm, riscv, ppc and common code

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: Semihosting, arm, riscv, ppc and common code
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 09:32:01 +0200

> On 14 Jan 2020, at 08:25, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I noticed that the bulk of arm-semi.c (or riscv-semi.c) is trivially
> made completely generic by doing a couple of changes:

Last year I did a similar exercise in OpenOCD, where I took the Arm semihosting
code from the Arm specific location, extracted the common part, updated it for
latest Arm 64-bit specs, and then used the common code for both Arm and RISC-V.

If you think useful, you might take a look there too.

Regards,

Liviu