Re: [Qemu-arm] Ubuntu installation shows "No network interfaces detected

From: Da Zhang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] Ubuntu installation shows "No network interfaces detected"
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 08:52:17 -0400

The qemu-system-aarch64 options support vda partition for the ubuntu installation. How to setup the options to support sda partition?
I was trying to use the image for my gem5 experiment but it gave me "[ end Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel. See Linux Documentation/admin-guide/init.rst for guidance.". One difference I did notice is that all gem5 disk images (ARM and X86) I used are using /dev/sda. So, I want to try it and see if the problem fixed.

Thanks
-- Da

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:32 AM Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 at 06:27, Da Zhang <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, neither virtio-net-pci nor rtl8139 works for me. Yet, I haven't figured it out why. But, I found that virtio-net-device works for me.

That will almost certainly be because your guest kernel
has not been configured to include PCI support (and/or
support for those specific network devices).

thanks
-- PMM