[Qemu-arm] Fwd: Run Kernel+rootfs for ARM Cortex-A72 on QEMU

From: Станислав Тумасов
Subject: [Qemu-arm] Fwd: Run Kernel+rootfs for ARM Cortex-A72 on QEMU
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 10:26:56 +0300

Thank you for information!
Yes, I mean "virt" board.

Although there is no big difference now. I really want to see the logs.
If the board is not suitable for the kernel, the logs will not be displayed?

With best regards, Stanislav.

пн, 24 дек. 2018 г. в 17:48, Peter Maydell <address@hidden>:
On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 at 14:17, Станислав Тумасов <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello, dear developers. I use Yocto to build Kernel and rootfs for ARM Cortex-A72. Kernel and rootfs are in separate files The kernel has an Image type (extension .bin). Rootfs has ext4 type(extension .ext4). I did not find this processor in the support list in QEMU 3.1.0 Dec 11th 2018. But this processor is on the support list in QEMU 3.1.0-rc3, but I could not run the kernel and rootfs.
> Is there any possibility to run QUEMU for this processor?

cortex-a72 is supported in 3.1.0. What are you doing that
makes you think that it is not ?

More important than the CPU type, you should make sure
that the kernel and rootfs that you have built are for
the correct board model (you probably want to be using
the "virt" board). The differences between board
models are much more important than the differences
between different 64-bit Arm CPU types.

thanks
-- PMM