[Qemu-arm] Help: Does Qemu support virtio-pci for net-device and disk de

From: Kevin Zhao
Subject: [Qemu-arm] Help: Does Qemu support virtio-pci for net-device and disk device?
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 20:08:11 +0800

Hi all,
     Now I'm investigating net device hot plug and disk hotplug for AArch64. For virtio , the default address is virtio-mmio. After Libvirt 1.3.5, user can explicitly specify the address-type to pci and so libvirt will pass the virtio-pci parameters to the Qemu.
     Both my host and guest OS is Debian8, and Qemu version is 2.6.0. Libvirt version is 1.3.5.
     For net-device, I change the address-type to pci, and libvirt pass the command below:
     -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=hostnet0,id=net0,mac=52:54:00:0d:25:25,bus=pci.2,addr=0x1

     After booting, the eth0 device disappear(eth0 occur when the address is virtio-mmio),
but I can find another net-device enp2s1, also it can't work for dhcp:
Running lspci: 02:01.0 Ethernet controller: Red Hat, Inc Virtio network device
I'm not sure whether it worked.

     For disk device, when I change the address-type to pci, the whole qemu command is :
https://paste.fedoraproject.org/409553/,  but the VM can not boot successfully. Does Qemu not support device disk of virtio-pci in AArch64 just as it in X86_64?
     Thanks~Since I am not very familiar with Qemu, really looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Kevin Zhao