qemacs-devel

Re: What is the editor doing at startup?

From: Charlie Gordon
Subject: Re: What is the editor doing at startup?
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 19:18:49 +0200

Hi Marc,

The terminal output you noticed is produced at startup time by function tty_dpy_init() in an attempt to determine the version of Unicode supported by the terminal. I have modified qemacs version of wcwidth() to handle most versions of Unicode transparently, so this is probably not needed.

Can you tell me what version is displayed in the describe-screen popup window?  It shows Unicode 8.0.0 on my OS/X system, which is quite old.

Cheers

Chqrlie.