|Subject:||Re: [Pygrep-users] Pygrep suggestions|
|Date:||Tue, 20 Oct 2009 07:46:09 +0200|
Try pygrep 2.0 alpha 4.
I added two new features:
- An expander to the quick search options (ignore case, whole word, ...). It is expanded by default, because I use it a lot. Maybe, in the future, I'll make it configurable.
- A new column in history table, which allows you to select which entries must be saved for future use. Maybe in the future I will add the possibility of choosing if you want all you look for must be selected or unselected. Nowadays, it is unselected till you click on the check button.
One thing more:
There are several ways to contribute with pygrep:
- By using it. (OK: you did it!)
- By telling your friends.
- Publishing bugs in order to improve Pygrep quality (You did it too!)
- Helping to solve some of the bugs.
- Donating any money.
- Having a look in the advertisements that Google published on the left menu in my webpage (it is free for you, but they give me some money).
Well... You have already contributed, but... Maybe you can have a look to that point saying "By telling your fiends" ;D
Thank you very much for your requests!2009/10/17 ge <address@hidden>
For the sake of documentation here my wishes, ideas:
1. I'd like to have the earlier search strings stored. I would consider 4 previous strings as enough. For example the text field, where I enter the search string, could be a combo box, and that could contain the previous strings.
2. In the pygrep 2.0 alpha version the setup parameters are on the screen (ignore case, whole word, ...). They would be better in the status line. Advantage: more decent screen, less room taken, no possibility for unwanted modification of parameters.
Thanks for excellent pygrep!
Pygrep-users mailing list
Miguel Ángel García Martínez
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|