pyatcron-devel-list

[Pyatcron-devel-list] My opinion

From: NICOLOVICI Xavier
Subject: [Pyatcron-devel-list] My opinion
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:11:58 +0200

Hi there,

Some quick comments

* Julien, about the Scheduler.Id field, I would really like to get rid of it,
it's really something that might create problems (and the problems we have now
are good examples ;-)
I've made the SchedulerList object act as a Python container. Then, it's easy
to get every elements, retrieve one by its index or event delete some.
My vision for the GUI would be to reflect the content of a SchedulerList
container. That is, when a signal is emitted (open properties for Task, delete
Task,...), I would like the callback function receive either the Task or its
index number, and then deal with it to do what's needed.
For example, the delete_task_event: when the delete task button is clicked, the
callback function should receive the index number of the highlighted Task,
perform a del() statement, and then refresh the GUI. No Scheduler Id's, only
index of a Python container. Is that not good ? ;-)
What do you think?

* I've started working on how make the *Task object build their own widgets for
their properties edition. I've commited some changes into CVS (again, see CVS
comments to learn more), and mainly added a file (lib/gui.py) that contains a
SchedulerEditor class. This class builds a dialog window that let's the
associated Task build it's own widgets. This has not been integrated into the
main GUI (Julien, what are you doing tonight :-)
To test this SchedulerEditor, use the following code sample:
        schedList = ScheduleList()
        gui = SchedulerEditor(schedList[0])
        gtk.main()
Smart, isn't it?
Ok, seriously, this approach gives full liberty to external developpers to code
some new specific Tasks without hacking the core GUI system of address@hidden
Again, what do you think?

* I've send an email about some problems opening our Galde file. Simply forget,
I was *really* not using the right Glade version ;-)

* And last but not least, address@hidden has now its own domain,
www.pyatcron.org. At the moment, It's a simple forward on Savannah system, but
anyway, it's now reserved.

Bye,

Xavier

This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be
legally privileged. It is intended for the recipient only. If an addressing or
a transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by
replying to the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.
We take reasonable precautions to ensure our e-mails are virus free. However,
we cannot accept responsibility for any virus transmitted by us and recommend
that you subject any incoming e-mail to your own virus checking procedures.

<<winmail.dat>>