pyatcron-devel-list

RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] The previous changes plus some more

From: NICOLOVICI Xavier
Subject: RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] The previous changes plus some more
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:01:09 +0200

Hi Julien

Thanks for your work, I will check it out on my private CVS tree and commit
changes today.

It's no problem for me to handle your patch, and commit them. Anyway, I have no
problem for you to commit changes directly on the main CVS tree. The only thing
is regarding the backend classes, I might rollback some of your changes,
depending on the ideas I had during the nights ;-)

Feel free to send me patch if you prefer.

About the backend, and especially the SceduleList class. I've learned some
interesting things in Python this week, which makes possible thinking about
ScheduleList instance like Arrays. That way, we could retrieve a Scheduler from
a ScheduleList the same way youretrieve an element from an Array. I'm working
ot it actually.

The above might obsolete the Sceduler.Id field. I have to think about it a bit
further.

Give me a few hours from now to upload your code into the main CVS tree, and
some others to make my changes ;-)

Another question I have in mind. Due to the fact that we want to implement a
kind of plugin system for new Task class, I assume that the Task Class itself
will have to draw it's GUI interface. How do you see this process works?
I'm thinking about a method that will accept a Panel as parameter, and set the
GUI elements, signals and needed rollback functions. What do you think, did you
ever had a look at this?

Bye,

Xavier

u.org] De la part de Julien Olivier
> Envoyé : mardi, 13. avril 2004 10:30
> À : address@hidden
> Objet : [Pyatcron-devel-list] The previous changes plus some more
>
> Hi
>
> The attached patch contains the changes submitted in my last
> email, plus some other things:
>  - after parsing the crontab file, I sorted the seconds,
> minutes, hours, monthdays, weekdays and months tables and
> removed all the duplicates
> (1,5,3,5,4 would now be 1,3,4,5). I also changed all occurences of 7
> (sunday) to 0 (also sunday) in the weekdays (0,1,2,7,5 would
> now be 0,1,2,5). As a result, it should be quicker to
> determine the next run time (because there are less values in
> the tables).
>  - I modified the scheduleList class so that it automatically
> gives ids to its entries. I also added a getScheduleById
> function to retrieve a schedule given its id. I use it to
> link the task list in the GUI to the internat task list.
>  - I implemented activation/deactivation of tasks in the UI
> (and linked it to the backend).
>
> The code looks a bit crap in some parts (especially in the
> parser code I modified), but I'm still learning Python :) So
> feel free to modify it if I did it the wrong way (which I'm
> sure I did).
>
> I also attached a slightly modified version of the diagram,
> that takes into account the changes I did in the code.
>
> PS: To Xavier: I could commit it myself, but I prefer to let
> you look at my code first, as I'm not sure it doesn't break
> what you're working on now, or what you plan to do later.
> More over, as I said, I'm not sure I did everything the right
> way, as I still think the "C" way :)
>
> --
> Julien Olivier <address@hidden>

This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be
legally privileged. It is intended for the recipient only. If an addressing or
a transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by
replying to the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.
We take reasonable precautions to ensure our e-mails are virus free. However,
we cannot accept responsibility for any virus transmitted by us and recommend
that you subject any incoming e-mail to your own virus checking procedures.