pyatcron-devel-list

RE: Comments on the diagram (was: RE:[Pyatcron-devel-list]Cronbackend: a

From: Julien Olivier
Subject: RE: Comments on the diagram (was: RE:[Pyatcron-devel-list]Cronbackend: a correction)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:26:38 +0000

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 18:14, Brian Dee wrote:
> Just a question about the diagram. The Scheduler, GenericTask,
> CronEntry, and AtEntry classes all have a geCommand() method, but none
> has the actual Command variable to 'get'. Where is that supposed to
> be? And what about setCommand()?

IMO, the getCommand from the CronEntry and AtEntry will actually call
the getCommand from the Scheduler class, which will call its
GenericTask's getCommand. The result of the GenericTask's getCommand
will be generated by the FtpDownloader/Archiver/what-have-you subclass,
each having it's own way of generating it.

So, we don't need a setCommand as the command is really dependant on the
task type plugin, and we don't need a command property as the command is
really generated on-the-fly using task-types private properties.

Is it what you all thought about it ?

--
Julien Olivier <address@hidden>