pyatcron-devel-list

Re: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Some comments on Brian code

From: Brian Dee
Subject: Re: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Some comments on Brian code
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:10:13 -0700

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 08:44, NICOLOVICI Xavier wrote:
Brian,

I had a look at the code you've sent. Looks good, expect for some minor items.

1. Your inheritance path is a bit wrong, and it does not follow what I've draft on the class diagram (A task is derived from a schedule, which is not what we want).
Okay, makes sense.

2. Your setTime, setDate, set.... expect integer as parameters. We would like to submit list of integers, which is easyer to handle from a GUI perspective. Have a look at the class diagram updated by Matthew.
Actually, they expect strings. My reasoning behind that was that cron accepts ranges (e.g. 2-5), lists (e.g. 1,2,3), step values (e.g. */5) and so on. So, are we not going to have those kinds of functionality?
And what about the default value of '*'? If implemented as an integer, would we just use 0 for that?