pyatcron-devel-list

RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Cron backend: a correction

From: Julien Olivier
Subject: RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Cron backend: a correction
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:30:58 +0000

> Ditto! : ) I'm not sure where to start...
>
> I've been reading through the code and stuff, to see how things have
> thus far been implemented, but I'm not sure what I should do next. LOL

I don't know if Matthew is currently working on it but we need a
PyAtCronTask class which will contain all the common properties/methods
for each task. Then, we need a sub-class for each task type
(PyAtCronTaskDownload, PyAtCronTaskCommand, PyAtCronTaskBackup etc...).
But, as I said, I think Matthew is working on it.

Another thing you could do is design the third page of the assistant,
the one that will ask for the schedule of the task. It needs to be very
simple:
 - Execute the task once
 - Execute the task several times
    - Once a day
       - At which time ?
    - Once a week
       - On which day of the week ?
    - Once a month

It's hard to find an easy way to present a comprehensive set of options,
but you could try to find the best way...