pspp-users

RE: Temporary

From: jhwhite
Subject: RE: Temporary
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 20:29:51 -0400

Ok – Alan.  I will give it a try.

Take care,

John

___________________________

Email: jhwhite@techwriteinc.com

From: Pspp-users <pspp-users-bounces+jhwhite=techwriteinc.com@gnu.org> On Behalf Of Alan Mead
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 7:08 PM
To: pspp-users@gnu.org

Sounds like a bug. If you do:

temporary.

select if(X>1).

freq / x.

freq / X.

My understanding is that the first FREQ should only show X > 1 and the second should show all cases. In fact, the manual entry uses almost this exact syntax:

https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/manual/html_node/TEMPORARY.html

There's also FILTER, which is (IMO) a more modern way to do this. FILTER is not temporary (in that sense), but can be disabled with "FILTER OFF." and depending on what you are selecting, you might prefer "SPLIT FILE":

https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/manual/html_node/FILTER.html

https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/manual/html_node/SPLIT-FILE.html

https://www.garyfisk.com/pspp/30splitFile.html

-Alan