pspp-users

Re: problems with decimal number display by PSPP

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: problems with decimal number display by PSPP
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 08:48:16 -0500

@Hector, what version of PSPP are you using (which you can see from Help > About)? And on what patform (Linux, Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac, ...)?

@Ben, I reported something similar and I cannot recall the resolution? When I blow up the image, they look like zero's: 0000

On 4/14/2021 1:33 AM, hector morada wrote:
Hi,

I hope you can help me with a particular difficulty in using PSPP. I cannot control the decimal output of PSPP as it presents numbers in decimal form. The first zero after the decimal point is preceded by a special character - a rectangle with some dots inside. Please see the decimal numbers under the "Missing" column in the image I attached for clarity.

I tried changing the Format specs but it did not go away!

Is this something "natural" in PSPP? Or there are ways to eliminate said especial symbol?

Thank you so much!

Hector B Morada

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

http://www.alanmead.org

The irony of this ... is that the Internet is
both almost-infinitely expandable, while at the
same time constrained within its own pre-defined
box. And if that makes no sense to you, just
reflect on the existence of Facebook. We have
the vastness of the internet and yet billions
of people decided to spend most of them time
within a horribly designed, fake-news emporium
of a website that sucks every possible piece of
personal information out of you so it can sell it
to others. And they see nothing wrong with that.

-- Kieren McCarthy, commenting on why we are not
                    all using IPv6