pspp-users

Re: Totally Lost on Installing PSPP 1.4.1

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Totally Lost on Installing PSPP 1.4.1
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2020 18:23:30 +0200

On Sat, Oct 03, 2020 at 12:14:19PM -0400, jhwhite@techwriteinc.com wrote:
     I have downloaded the two files for PSPP-1.4.1 (1) pspp-1.4.1.tar.gz.sig,
     and (2) pspp-1.4.1.tar.gz. I have read the install instructions and tried
     what I thought was the correct method - but nothing.  I used 7-zip, and it
     unpacked the files but nothing. The files do not have an associated
program,
     and there is no ".exe" file like previous versions used.  Any suggestions?

Usually it's a simple case of ./confgure; make ; make install

The most common complications that people have is not having the dependencies
installed, in which case ./configure should complain.

The file called INSTALL has a lot more tips, which hopefully should help.