pspp-users

PSPP does not allow data entry

From: Ryoko Yamamoto
Subject: PSPP does not allow data entry
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 05:52:04 +0000

Greetings,

I use PSPP in my class and two of my students are experiencing the same
problem. When they type in a number in a cell in the data view and hit enter,
PSPP wipes out the number (does not even leave . ). It is as if the dataset was
locked not to accept any modification, even though it was a blank, brand new
dataset.  One student is using Mac and the other is using Windows, so it does
not seem to be an OS specific problem.

Does anyone have any guess what might be causing this problem and how they
could possibly fix this? Any clues will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Ryoko

Ryoko Yamamoto, Ph.D
Associate Professor, Sociology Department
Acting Associate Director of Academic Assessment
SUNY Old Westbury